- Activity: After-School Science PLUS – Download Building with Wonderful Junk and take the challenge! Build a bridge or a platform that meets a set of requirements and test it. Challenge the kids to add to the activity (For example build a bridge that will hold a student up 6 inches from the floor).
- Activity: Design Squad: Invent it, Build It: Making the world a better place – Research tells us that when kids think their activity helps others it increases engagement. Activities encourage kids to think of themselves as inventors, discuss inventing and engineering, and dispels the stereotype that engineering is boring.
- Activity: 4 Great Outdoor Activities to Do With Kids This Summer – These easy activities are designed to be suitable in a COVID conscious environment. Young children play outdoor games, plant a garden, make ice cream, and participate in a scavenger hunt.
- Activity: Engineering Ocean Currents – This is a fun and interactive activity that is designed to enhance student understanding of the engineering design process.
- Activity: Engineering a Fix for the Great Pacific Garbage Patch – This activity encourages youth to use engineering to take care of the planet.
South Dakota Afterschool Network Announces Launch of Program to Support the Expansion of Out-of-School Time Programs throughout South Dakota’s Indian Reservations
The South Dakota Afterschool Network (SDAN), whose mission is to support and sustain quality afterschool, out-of-school time (OST) and youth development programs to serve the needs of South Dakota’s youth, was awarded a STEM Next grant through the Charles Stewart Mott...