- Activity: After-School Science PLUS – Download Building with Wonderful Junk and take the challenge! Build a bridge or a platform that meets a set of requirements and test it. Challenge the kids to add to the activity (For example build a bridge that will hold a student up 6 inches from the floor).
- Activity: Design Squad: Invent it, Build It: Making the world a better place – Research tells us that when kids think their activity helps others it increases engagement. Activities encourage kids to think of themselves as inventors, discuss inventing and engineering, and dispels the stereotype that engineering is boring.
- Activity: 10 Simple Yet Thrilling Invention Ideas For Kids – These are highly engaging activities for students including directions and videos. These activities use materials that are easy to find and can be done in a family setting.
- Activity: 8 Best Invention Ideas for Children – Try some fun and silly inventions that are very engaging: These activities are free, easy to set up, and use materials familiar to kids.
- Activities: 17 Innovative Mathematics Projects that Inspire Students | by Ali | However, Mathematics – A list of some unique, hands-off, and fun mathematical projects for any blooming mathematician.
ACRES Training Cohort: Facilitating Engineering Practices Dates: 12:00 PM-2:00 PM EST on the following Tuesdays: 1/10/2023, 1/24/2023 & 2/7/2023 Engineering has become a staple of STEM programming for youth. How can we confidently bring engineering into our...