- Mizzen Playlist: STEM Activities for K-5th Grade in Small Groups – This playlist is a great mix of engineering and science activities that are easy and fun for small groups of students.
- Mizzen Playlist: Science Notebooks for 3rd – 12th Grade – Keeping a notebook can help your students think and act like scientists and engineers. Sample these easy-to-implement strategies and lessons to bring science notebooking into your program.
- Mizzen Module: S.INQ Up Earth and Space for 6-8th Grade – Earth and Space is an inquiry and exploration-based curriculum that uses hands-on activities focused on the relationships between the earth, the solar system, and human impacts on our global environment.
- Activity Toolkit: STEM Educators Academy Activity Toolkit from ExpandED Schools — This Activity Toolkit offers hybrid learning engineering design challenges, STEM facilitation skill builder videos, and engineering design activities categorized by content areas.
- Activity Toolkit: Engineering is Elementary’s NASA Partnership free units – A suite of free NASA-funded STEM resources for students in grades 3-8. All resources are research-based and classroom-tested. They are designed to support students’ understanding of space, while helping them see themselves as capable problem solvers.
- For some seasonal activities check out our Spooky Science activities.
- Space Week Resource: NGCP Archived Webinar: Girls STEAM Ahead with NASA Free Resources – In this webinar, presenters provide an overview of the Girls STEAM Ahead with NASA program and free resources, including a range of computer-based and paper-based activities, print products, and a Program Cookbook for facilitators.
- Space Week Resource: NASA’s STEM Resources for K-12 Educators – NASA lesson plans, resources, and opportunities for K-12 educators.
- Space Week Resource: NASA: A Day in the Life Aboard the International Space Station – Follow astronauts on the International Space Station in a series of videos as they explain their daily routines. Educators can use this series of videos and resources to enhance K-12 STEM curricula.
- Space Week Resource: Museum of Aviation: 2022 Space Week Resources – Find information on the Museum of Aviation’s live virtual astronomy presentations, virtual presentations and workshops for educators, and more in celebration of Space Week.
This October, join a national public awareness campaign to celebrate #GirlsLeadSTEM Month by elevating the voices and stories of girls and young women in STEM.
Add #GirlsLeadSTEM to your existing work, events, stories and more that highlight girls in STEM.