- Bouncy Ball Factory – Youth engineer bouncy balls that meet particular criteria. Using the engineering design process, they develop and test their creations.
- Paper Table – Youth engineer a table from a newspaper that is at least 8″ high and strong enough to hold a book.
- Take Flight – Using everyday materials, youth engineer a glider that can fly straight for 15 feet.
- Keep Your Cool! Design Your Own Cooler Challenge – Youth design a cooler that will keep a bottle of water cool using the engineering design process. They test their prototype and graph their results to determine the effectiveness of the solution.
- Design a Watercraft – Youth engineering a small boat out of straws and plastic wrap that can hold weight.
- Get it Write! – Youth engineering a writing device (pen) using everyday materials. They think about both the (water soluble) “ink” and the delivery mechanism.
ACRES Training Cohort: Facilitating Engineering Practices Dates: 12:00 PM-2:00 PM EST on the following Tuesdays: 1/10/2023, 1/24/2023 & 2/7/2023 Engineering has become a staple of STEM programming for youth. How can we confidently bring engineering into our...