- Bouncy Ball Factory – Youth engineer bouncy balls that meet particular criteria. Using the engineering design process, they develop and test their creations.
- Paper Table – Youth engineer a table from a newspaper that is at least 8″ high and strong enough to hold a book.
- Take Flight – Using everyday materials, youth engineer a glider that can fly straight for 15 feet.
- Keep Your Cool! Design Your Own Cooler Challenge – Youth design a cooler that will keep a bottle of water cool using the engineering design process. They test their prototype and graph their results to determine the effectiveness of the solution.
- Design a Watercraft – Youth engineering a small boat out of straws and plastic wrap that can hold weight.
- Get it Write! – Youth engineering a writing device (pen) using everyday materials. They think about both the (water soluble) “ink” and the delivery mechanism.
View the September newsletter and learn more about what's happening across the state, get access to new trainings and add some new activities to your program plans. Read the September newsletter here.