Gather your mad scientists, your ghouls and goblins for some spooky (and not so spooky) science activities. We have added to our curated list of fun for all ages that celebrates for the season!
Check out these science themed activities:
- Shadow Puppets use the science of light and also make for the perfect storytelling props.
- Electric Playdough with squishy circuits. If your program doesn’t have squishy circuits, you can find kits on Amazon or plan to reserve one of our TMC trailers this spring and use our squishy circuits to explore electricity.
- This Disappearing Candy experiment will test prediction and reasoning skills.
- Let’s study the dead…well their Fossils that is with this activity from the South Dakota Wind Cave.
- Everyone love oobleck but have you ever seen it dance? Try Dancing Oobleck for a new spin on this classic.
- These Circuit Powered Bats makes for spooky Halloween decor.
- Freeze the beauty of fall with a Leaf Press activity.
- Create a moveable Skeleton Hand to learn about the mechanics of bones, muscles and tendons.
- Thes Edible Spheres are a molecular gastronomy wonder that will have kids amazed by the magic of liquid being turned into a solid within seconds.
- Nature Oddities: Take a nature walk and collect samples of leaves, grasses and twigs in search of galls, a strange plant growth caused by insects, injury or microorganisms.
- This Skittles Science activity is low-prep and fun for all ages but an especially sweet way to introduce chemical properties and changes.