For AAPI Heritage Month – Role Model
- Ambassador Profile of Dr. Claire Meaders
- Long Profile of Dr. Claire Meaders
- Short Profile 1 of Dr. Claire Meaders
Equity and Inclusion
- Article: Equity in Math Class: 5 Tips for Teachers – WeAreTeachers – Ways to Build Equity into Your Math Lessons discusses how equity and social justice play a critical role in math instruction.
- Article: Critical Issue: Remembering the Child: On Equity and Inclusion in Mathematics and Science Classrooms (ncrel.org) – The North Central Regional Education Laboratory (NCREL) addresses equity and inclusion in STEM classrooms as a critical issue in a paper that includes six effective practices for equity.
Engineering Mindsets – Math
- Network Spotlight: Engineering Mindset — Alaska Afterschool Network (akafterschool.org)
- Network Spotlight: Getting Started with “Engineering Mindset” in Afterschool STEM Programs – Vermont Afterschool
- Network Spotlight: Engineering Mindset – HAWAIʻI AFTERSCHOOL ALLIANCE (hawaiiafterschoolalliance.org)
Website: Math Communities – Students, parents, and educators coming together to play with math! Math Communities creates a virtual community that provides free access to joyful collaborative activities designed by professional mathematicians and math educators for K-12 students, educators, and families. There are lots of ways to communicate with other folks interested in math.
STEM Transitions, Handoffs, and Coordination
Toolkit: Brokering Youth Pathways: A Toolkit for Connecting Youth to Future Opportunity from the Hive Research Network – This toolkit shares ways in which various out-of-school educators and professionals have approached the challenge of brokering. We provide a framework, practice briefs and reports that focus on a particular issue or challenge and provide concrete examples, as well as illustrate how our partners worked through designing new brokering routines in partnership with our research team.