South Dakota Afterschool Network is celebrating Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week on April 25-29, 2022, to recognize, appreciate and advocate for those who work with young people during out-of-school hours.
We are joining the effort because we know that the research shows Afterschool Professionals make a profound difference in the lives of young people. We encourage you to join us in thanking the afterschool professionals in your life.
Here are some ideas on how you to show your appreciation:
- Declare on social media: “Research shows that Afterschool professionals make a profound difference in the lives of young people. #heartofafterschool.”
- Tag us @sdafterschoolnetwork
- Give a hand-written card to an afterschool professional in your life.
- Send an email to an afterschool professional’s supervisor describing why that person is appreciated.
- Make healthy or non-food treats for the staff at your afterschool program. For more resources and information check out www.heartofafterschool.com.